Crafty in the Med

I am here to enjoy meeting other bloggers and to share my love of craft ,mostly crochet, my thoughts and my daily happenings here in Alicante,Spain, my adopted country. I belong to a local choir because singing and music makes me happy. Flea markets and book shops are two of my favourite places to be. I read lots......sci´fi/fantasy,buried treasure, and off world adventures. I have a passion for history! I walk and walk and walk for about 10 months per year during the hot months I swim.

Thursday 1 November 2012

Long time No finish!


Hello there to my new followers ScrappyJen and Lazy Daisy Jones thank you so much for following my blog. Hope you'll visit often :-)


Its final....I have finished one of my wips........at long long last!!!!
I think it was Alessandra at Homemade at my place who guessed right ...it is indeed a scarf! 
It's taken me ages to finish it I really have to fight to get my crochet moments now even at the weekends. I have a very busy agenda but I have to take the work while its available. I work full blast from mid September to mid June and after that I have very little work indeed, sometimes a course or two in July, if I'm lucky.  
The summer is long with no wages coming in,although I must admit the break is very well received :-)

Well here it is constructive criticism always welcome and as many compliments you can muster LOL!!!!
Winnie has kindly give up some of his time to act as model


I think I'm echoing many other bloggers out there when I say I have decided to go for a homemade Christmas  and my gifts will be homemade too.
This scarf is for a sister. I can't say which one as it is a Christmas present;there's six of them...sisters that is, so if they read this lets keep them guessing LOL! 


I used Black and Beige Glanzperle SMC Coats and a 3,50 hook. I purchased the pattern on Ravely and its by Michelle Blohm at http://mydailyfiber.com  It has been tweaked of course but only just a little, adding the min fans,the shiny beads and the black buttons. 
 Its an easy peasy pattern and clear to follow.

This wonky little Christmas tree....a fun make ......is my version of the adorable Christmas trees I found on Annaboo's House blog .
Bit wonky but I love it..!!!  
I plan to make some more and use these little trees instead of Christmas cards which I will send to members of my family this year........ I'll add a bright curly ribbon with Merry Christmas written on it...different,different......I'm very different friendly!!!

Nicely blurry...ah well you can't win them all!!!
  

Another fiesta day to day "Todo los santos"  where the people buy lots of flowers and go off to the cementaries to tidy up their loved ones resting place and adorn it with flowers.


                                        Amanda :-)









14 comments:

  1. I think your scarf is lovely,love the ends they are so different from the usual.Your wonky tree's are special..lol you make me smile I just love reading your blog.You have probably told us before i became a follower but I am curious of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an ESL teacher Carole I teach Business English and prepare students for the London Chamber of Comerce International examinations. I'm also an examiner for the London Chamber of Commerce. Many thanks for your lovely comments and I pleased to hear I made you smile :-)

    A xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely scarf and trees! Very clever. Thanks for popping over to see me!It is really interesting to hear about the fiesta. Happy Thursday, jenx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous makes xx love the tree :-) you are very talented

    ReplyDelete
  5. Six sisters! Wow. What a blessing eh? I too love the wonky tree...very cute. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your scarf Amanda and your tweaking has made it extra special :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that scarf, Amanda it is awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  8. six sisters and one scarf......are you prepared for a sisters fight?????
    Good work and the little trees nice, too!!!
    xxx Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice scarf ! Other gifts are also nice! But 1 scarf and 6 sisters ? Not fair :) or I guess you know their gift preferences so you are confident about making only one :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely makes Amanda,I'm sure your sister will love it :)happy weekend love juliexxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely scarf Amanda. I mad e a very wonky Christmas Tree last year, I just love it.
    Happy Weekend,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your scarf Amanda!I love the little christmas trees!Wish you a lovely November month my dear!
    Dimi..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Amanda. Thanks for popping by to join my blog and of course my Crafty Christmas giveaway! Your scarf is fab and I love to crochet too when I have the time. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Amanda! Great job....I could never crochet anything!! The tree is just too cute:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read them and try to reply to all as well.Please keep them coming. Amanda :-)