Crafty in the Med

I am here to enjoy meeting other bloggers and to share my love of craft ,mostly crochet, my thoughts and my daily happenings here in Alicante,Spain, my adopted country. I belong to a local choir because singing and music makes me happy. Flea markets and book shops are two of my favourite places to be. I read lots......sci´fi/fantasy,buried treasure, and off world adventures. I have a passion for history! I walk and walk and walk for about 10 months per year during the hot months I swim.

Monday 22 May 2023

Here I am again.

 




Villajoyosa...old town


On the mend


Finally...!   

Five months have whizzed by and I have so missed not blogging but even so I just couldn't find the impetus to write. It just wasn't in me!  As I mentioned in a previous blog post. I have a one tracked mind when something is worrying me so there was no room for anything else πŸ˜’

All I could think about were the numerous health issues that were bombarding me and the three ops I had pending. 

I am now convalescing from the first and second op and waiting for the date of the third one. I am so relieved that I am on the mend now. As for the op which is pending it is just vascular surgery to get rid of some unsightly varicose veins and I am not worried about that.

All the same I have been lurking quite a bit here flittering from one blog to another keeping up-to-date with what you are all doing. Therefore this will not be a lengthy post as I want to start posting on all your blogs to let you know I AM BACK


Yesterday we finally returned to our Sunday outings routine and we decided to visit Villajoyosa. We haven't been there for quite sometime; years in fact. I call it the chocolate town as it is famous for its chocolate specially drinking chocolate. I am on a diet at present so I couldn't partake of their scrumptious hot chocolate this time but we have promised ourselves we will be going back soon to have some delicious "chocolate con churros".  




Villajoyosa was at one time just a tiny fishing village but it has become very popular with the tourists and has grown considerably due to its proximity to Benidorm, a very busy and internationally well-known tourist resort. 


Park leading down to the beach










The old wall 


Amadorio River 





 Keep well


 Amanda 🌴












24 comments:

  1. Welcome back - I'm glad to hear all has gone well. That chocolate! Wow! (I am feeling quite hungry now...)
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie. Can't wait to be back on a normal diet and allow myself the luxury of some chocolate :-)

      Delete
  2. Welcome Back ! πŸ’

    Prayers for your good health

    ReplyDelete
  3. You keep well too, and best wishes for the third surgery. Villajoyosa (such a happy name) looks lovely, and that chocolate ... words fail me. It looks amazing. Hopefully next time you go you can indulge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :-). Can't wait! It really is something to look forward too. :-)

      Delete
  4. Hi Amanda, I'm so glad to see you back. I had just said to Dennis a few days ago when I hung your beautiful gift to me in it's new spot in our new condo, that I was a bit worried about you since you hadn't been around blogland for awhile. But, I'm so very sorry to hear that you've had medical issues happening. I do know that they make life miserable sometimes. Take care, and I'll be glad to see you post again soon.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Betsy. Getting better slowly these things take awhile but at least I feel more myself now. Have to do catch up now as I have neglected all my blogfriends tch! A x

      Delete
  5. Lovely to see you posting Amanda and I'm so pleased that the dreaded ops are (bar one ) out of the way and that you are on the mend. That chocolate looks yummy and beautiful photos. I have just got back from a week in Benidorm it was lovely to see the sunshine and feel a bit of heat, the weather was perfect. I haven't blogged for ages either I seem to have lost my mojo but I will get back to it one day. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see you pop up on my blog roll Amanda .... hope you recover well from your other surgeries & all the best for your upcoming one. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I have been to Villajoyosa, in fact I'm sure I have. It looks familiar. We went by train one day while staying in Benidorm. So pleased you are back to blogging, Amanda. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! How lovely to have you back and I'm so glad you are recovering well. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy. It is good to be blogging again :-)

      Delete
  9. Glad you're on the mend. Keep well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joyknitt here, blogger says I'm anonymous, but I'm signed in ! Anyway, it's lovely to see you back Amanda x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks .Thats a bit strange. I have you on my followers list and reading list though. :-)

      Delete
  11. I'm glad to see you are back blogging although sorry for the reason why. It was a good surprise to get your comment on my blog. Thank you for your kind thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's lovely to see you back. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad your mind has been able to turn back toward blogging. We will all be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope all has gone well? I have been checking your site for a while, wondering....But often other stuff has a higher priority, as I know all too well! Wishing you all the best, though. I'm sure you'll bounce back when you are ready.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Many thanks for contacting me. My poor blog is so neglected however I haven't given up on it altogether once things settle down (health issues myself and Sr P) I hope to blog more often. Keep well. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy your photos and lively commentary. Have you seen "It Snows in Benidorm" ? I think you'd like it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read them and try to reply to all as well.Please keep them coming. Amanda :-)