- Crochet reigns supreme for me where craft is concerned. I am a sworn fanatic and a total addict. It is also my saviour ; therapeutically helping me through difficult days. I used to do a lot of fine lace crochet and some Irish crochet too but I find my eyesight is a problem now . I mostly use yarn or Nº 5 cotton. I rarely make the same thing twice I find it boring repeating things, once I have done it then I want to go on to something else
- During the intervals when I would put crochet to one side I have done a lot of cross-stitch and embroidery. However of late I've been finding it more difficult to do, once again because of my eyesight,although I do wear glasses. All the same I still embroider small things if I wish to embellish a crochet project.
- Machine sewing. I bought myself a sewing machine last January and little by little I have been teaching myself how to use it. It is a slow process. I find I like the possibility of making projects where sewing and crochet is combined but I really don't think I am going to be an ardent sewer. I can't see myself making clothes or big projects as yet. I do like the end results but I can't tuck it in my bag and take it with me to do when I want nor can I do it in front of the TV or while I am chatting to someone. The machine actually scares me and it is all because I don't really know what I am doing . It is quite an odyssey when I have to change a bobbin.
- Buttons... I love buttons. I am tempted to have a go at button pictures. I've seen some lovely work. I think I could make things with buttons, not sure what...pinterest could probably put me on the right track.
- I like mixing! That is a crochet project embelished with embroidery,beads or buttons and felt
Myself as a person. Although I like to make frilly colourful things for others I dress very plainly myself. I just don't feel frills and fancy baubles look right on me. We are big gals in my family and too much colour and frazzle broadcasts it more,so I think anyhow.
I was blessed or cursed with a vivid imagination and I can visit the numerous dimensions out there and beyond in a split second and have lost many a bus due to this.
Now things I like:
- I love reading,watching a good film,time to myself,music, a good discussion,history,inspirational quotes, the origin of names, classical art,family history research,swimming,photography (taking and receiving),flittering through a home improvement magazine, art deco , British comedy,Devonshire clotted cream and my mother's steamed chocolate pudding. I am also an animal lover and have always had pets. I like walking through the woods,cycling and visiting home at least once a year.