Crafty in the Med

I am here to enjoy meeting other bloggers and to share my love of craft ,mostly crochet, my thoughts and my daily happenings here in Alicante,Spain, my adopted country. I belong to a local choir because singing and music makes me happy. Flea markets and book shops are two of my favourite places to be. I read lots......sci´fi/fantasy,buried treasure, and off world adventures. I have a passion for history! I walk and walk and walk for about 10 months per year during the hot months I swim.

Friday 19 June 2015

Alicante is alive!!!

It is that!!!   
Alive!! 
The first night of the long fire festival week!!!

Alicante is dressed for a party!!!!

I'll be out and about throughout this week so lets see if I can get some interesting photos for you!!!



one of the official photos


It's so beautiful and the firework displays are beyond impressive.

This is the Postiguet beach and in the background you can see the Santa Barbara castle. 


I'll be sleeping by day probably because its daft to stay in and the fun starts from 11pm onwards!!! 
He! he!

It's 11:41pm and we are off out. I have had my siesta so I am ready to go!!


Keep well now

Amanda :-)

12 comments:

  1. Amazing view - enjoy the festivities :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, enjoy and be good!!
    bestest d xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun, be careful, take photos and enjoy life! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowsers, that looks amazing!! Have a brilliant time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful time.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a safe and happy celebration, Amanda! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing, great fireworks. Hope you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just know you are having a wonderful time Amanda. I'm looking forward to your pictures, this one is stunning!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful celebration, Amanda! Your photos are fabulous, XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read them and try to reply to all as well.Please keep them coming. Amanda :-)