Crafty in the Med

I am here to enjoy meeting other bloggers and to share my love of craft ,mostly crochet, my thoughts and my daily happenings here in Alicante,Spain, my adopted country. I belong to a local choir because singing and music makes me happy. Flea markets and book shops are two of my favourite places to be. I read lots......sci´fi/fantasy,buried treasure, and off world adventures. I have a passion for history! I walk and walk and walk for about 10 months per year during the hot months I swim.

Sunday 27 December 2015

Well received ...sigh!!!


IT WAS BIG!



I made a shawl for my daughter for Christmas. I wanted a large shawl so she could wrap it around herself when she is at the computer in the school reception. It is a very drafty area.
As I mentioned I did want it large but after blocking it was really big .


I was a little bit worried about that but  she loved it so that's a relief!

I used Katia planet yarn and NΒΊ 7 hook. It is a free Red Heart pattern. The Top-Down Shawl.



























enjoy your holidays!!


Amanda :-)









13 comments:

  1. It is perfect! How could she not love it? Such a great gift.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that and I'm sure she'll love it and use it often! I have a fall colored shawl and get tons of compliments on it.

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
      *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BIG and beautiful! Just perfect for wrapping around and feeling snug (and loved) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very beautiful. Wonderful gift.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful, what a wonderful present X

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful gift, made with a mothers love to keep her warm. It's beautiful Amanda. How could she NOT love it?
    Blessings!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so pretty, Amanda, and encourages me not to give up working on my Ruby shawl. Thanks for posting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful Amanda no wonder your daughter loves it. I love the pattern I'm adding it to my to do list. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful make! You have one very lucky daughter :) The colours are beautiful and it looks really warm xxx Have a fabulous new year xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read them and try to reply to all as well.Please keep them coming. Amanda :-)