Grand-daughter:Covid test results =
Thank all the stars in the heavens it is negative.
I have pinched an idea...an idea from an idea that Kathy on Compassionknit posted on her blog.
Kathy listed 21 things she is going to do in 2021 and I enjoyed reading her list and I like the idea as well. 😊
Now then, I did mention on my post Resolutions sound too demanding that I don't do resolutions so please don't take all what I am going to list here as carved in stone as a year is a long time and things change....don't they!!
21 things I am going to do in 2021
(21 cut down to 16)
1. Get rid of things that are tedious and finicky to clean except my Lladro china and all the rest of my china and porcelain.....the glass chrome serving trolly is going!! update: It has gone!
2. Reduce my yarn stash for once and for all....now I really mean this!
3. Go and see my family in Devon UK. I am thinking of September now. Initially I thought Easter but the way things are at present I do not see it happening.
4. Clean out and declutter my office/craft room....there is just no space for anything...got to be adamant about this!!
5. I really think I shall have to put my Family Research data on some sort of portable storage thingy and in a universal type of format. A 250 gigabyte pen drive should cover it and it would be easy to send to another member of the family when I am not around any more.
6. I am going to get some Air plants!
7. My living room TV is crooked! It is too big and heavy for me to slot into place on the wall bracket properly. Sr P (his handyman instincts are nil) has been ignoring my suggestions about sorting it out! Another strategy will have to be employed to get it done! Thinking on it!
8. Determined to give our bedroom a facelift...it looks tired which is stimulating I suppose to get to sleep at night but looks dreary during the day
9. When spring begins to peek around the corner I must sort out the jungle on my balcony.
10. Go to the hairdressers. I have cut my hair myself it is a mess! I refuse to go to a hairdressers now when I have been given the vaccine... perhaps.
11. Work on eliminating that sensation that I have to catch up with other bloggers who post more than once a week. I cannot! I must stick to posting once a week ,reply to comments on same post and post comments on blogs. Yes...Amanda just once a week
12. Video chat with my sister in Queensland more often. Ask for her itinerary so I can catch her in between her constant trips away. That woman just can't stay in one place for long!
13.Walk and Discover places here in the city I didn't know existed. Look for Doors! For the newcomers you may ask why doors please read this .
14. Iron on another lazy patch this time on Sr P's black jeans.
15. Pop around to the Social centre see if they have any courses/activities programmed for later in the year. 1. Choir, 2.Theatre 3. Keep Fit. or other .
16. A thorough hunt among the storage boxes in the spare room cupboard to find my grandmother's cameo brooch. Not happy I cannot find it.
Precisely!! I am sure there are many more things I have to do this year but at present they escape me! That is it for the time being.
Little babe's hat:
I made the April babe a matching hat to go with his blanket with some of the blanket yarn I had over. I used the pattern Round Sailor's hat from Love to know.It is a free pattern and can be downloaded in pdf format.
The star was an extra and I did it from memory.
I am in a hat mood at present and I have just started a hat for my sister. Although,after seeing Betsy's on The Simple Life of a Queen 's next wonderful glove project I think I fancy crocheting some gloves for someone as my next project too.
Latest RAOCK :
I have been trying out something new I found on Pinterest to make for the RAOCK (Random Act of Crochet Kindness) group.
A cup cake book marker.
You can get the free pattern from the Blue Star Crochet blog. It is a good make for using up small amounts of yarn. I used Anchor pink and white cotton, a 3.00mm hook + a mini pom pom, a silk tassel and a little fibrefill. A quick make.
Are you getting tired of scenery photos?
Please state your preferences for what you would like to see and read on my blog.