- Linda at craftycorner.....who has been trying her hand at amiguriumi with her Kokeshi girl and very successful so!
- Shari at sharicrochet and those gorgeous bunnies in their school colours who are so unbelievably cute.
- Karen at my4lilgirls inventing new patterns with great success I'd say and with a colour combination that goes so well together.
- Poppy at Poppyview....who inspires me to turn my house around or at least the living room and COPY (yes Poppy I said copy) some of the ways she has to enhance and decorate her home.
- Lucy at inthesky ,who makes me drool as I look at the colour of the yarn she is spinning ,yes I said spinning as in spinning wheel spinning!
- Missy at Edith Florence diary who is starting some patchwork which I have been thinking I really must try my hand at..... but........yes groan,......yes I have three makes on the go.
and there are so many many more temptations out there on the blogs I follow and I visit so if you feel like you hear a slight huff,or tut or stifled groan it is me lurking on your blog,perhaps not commenting but looking and suffering.....oh so much!
As ethics must be respected should anyone here dislike having being cited please do comment and I'll delete in a jiffy and do sincerely apologize in advance.
After all this stress I felt I needed a gentle soothing from this bout of temptation and turned to a floral remedy which I had spied at the Benalua street market this morning. There she was the most perfect Moth Orchid in all her glory and I couldn't resist buying her at the price of 11€...personally I don't think that is expensive,do you? In fact I bought one for daugher nº 1 too.
On returning home I hummed and harrd quite a bit, wondering where to put my new acquisition as I considered this exquisite lady needed a special place. All this was being observed by Sr P who found it all very funny (as in funny looney) who agreed that she was lovely but couldn't see what the fuss was about where she should be placed...why not by the draining board I hear....easier to water, so he says ...tch!!! ...men!!!!)
The girl at the stall said, (one I have been to for many years and I constantly return to when I am in that area. The girl who is now a married woman with children certainly knows her subject and guided by her I have rarely gone wrong where interior plant care is concerned) she had to be in plenty of light but out of the direct sunlight (remember we are talking about Mediterranean sunlight) and out of draughts of course.
I finally decided to place her here
|Inside ....sun-blinds are down so light is not so good. I don't like using a flash.|
to keep her in my living room where I can see her in all her glory as I put my feet up on the settee. Then there was the little problem of the correct pot to place her in . I had nothing her size nor of what I would consider of sufficient elegance so meanwhile I put her in an old glass ice bucket that I had in the back of my sideboard and I rather like it.
I've also put a strip of filet crochet that I had it my samples tin (those samples are my patterns not the written type) and I like the effect too so I think I might do a piece of filet crochet in white instead of the yellow to take its place ...what do you think?
A big welcome to my new followers Claire at Sweet Birdy, Patty at Poppycock & other creative nonsense, Brenda at Cosy Little House, Lucy at Inthesky , Effie at Sweet Home Designs and Xristina who I would be delighted to follow too but I do not have a link to your blog. The only blog I could see was in Greek and there was no Google translator on that page to be able to translate to English or Spanish so I'm not sure if that was your blog.
I do hope you'll all visit frequently and find time to comment....when you can :-)
Well now my lovies.....as my old Aunty May down in Zummerset would have said....I ope ee have a gut day!