Crafty in the Med

I am here to enjoy meeting other bloggers and to share my love of craft ,mostly crochet, my thoughts and my daily happenings here in Alicante,Spain, my adopted country. I belong to a local choir because singing and music makes me happy. Flea markets and book shops are two of my favourite places to be. I read lots......sci´fi/fantasy,buried treasure, and off world adventures. I have a passion for history! I walk and walk and walk for about 10 months per year during the hot months I swim.

Monday 6 February 2017

Lurking


It sounds rather ominous, doesn't it?    Lurking I mean!

Well I seem to be a fully fledged lurker now. Why?  Well I am still a presence in blogland but as a lurker...bopping from blog to blog,reading lots but rarely posting. 
It is the same old chant.. no time!!!
 At this moment I am waiting to receive a return call from the organiser of a course being held in the Chamber of Commerce here starting next week. Why is it when they say I'll call you back in a minute the minute stretches to 30 minutes!!!  GRR!!!   My time is valuable!!   I know it sounds rather like a cliche but unfortunately we live in a society where time is predominant! The influence of time in my life is so marked that I organise my working day to the minute and when I get this useless waiting around it upsets me!!  
Pretty awful isn't it?  I know I am not alone!  I am sure many out there know what I mean. Sometimes I wish I could do a Gauguin and leg it to the South Pacific to live.

OK!! on second thoughts not so useless waste of time as I am able to write up this post...la..di..da!!!

What has been going on since I last posted which was the end of December......so long!
Here in the city and the province: Cold...snow...storms...cold and snow more or less in that order. As always no snow in the city but getting to the mountain towns has been difficult.  It has been very cold unusually so.  When I say unusually cold I mean so cold I dug out my gloves which I haven't worn since I went to home to the UK in November 1999.
Castalla,in the mountains








Snow angel

This is one of my students who sent this photo to me last weekend. That was also taken in the mountains. 
 Today it is all about the wind which is really fierce.

I've been crocheting of course practically nothing will stop me doing that.  I have made a massive shawl which I can't see myself wearing very much because it is rather heavy. I started it during the cold spell and thought I needed something really warm.  I still have to block it so no photo as yet.


Keep well


Amanda :-)


16 comments:

  1. I'm glad l'm not the only! HeHe!
    Not that l believe in it..But l am a
    typical Virgo..Perfectionist! Practical,
    Diligent, Critical, Modest, Intelligent..
    and so on! I don't read books..Why? Patience,
    or lack of it..To make matters worse, l'm a
    very hyper person, l'm always told, l must
    come down off the ceiling...! HeHe! No chance!
    And..Yes! I'm a stickler for appointments..!
    Hate being let down...I tolerate and console
    myself..by telling myself...I'm a Sicilian..!!!
    AND...Proud of it...!!! :0).

    So Amanda...Keep on lurking...and enjoy the snow!
    Difference between a 'snowman' and a 'snow~woman'
    'SNOWBALLS'. :0). Have Fun...! =(^..^)=

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu can lurk all you want my friend, life just keeps getting busier and busier. Spring will be here soon, enjoy the cold weather while you can, at least that is what I am telling myslef as it will soon be hot and humid here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You came peeping out there. I saw you. It's cold outside so no harm in going back in and lurking some more.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can certainly understand the lurking. It's just nice to know you visit and in your mind at least, say hi to us! Ha ha! Your snow looks very familiar. We got 16 inches just over the weekend. I'm really very sick of it I'm ready for spring.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to hear from you! I am doing rather more lurking these days than I used to, time time time! We are all short of it. Hope you are staying warm, I am so glad that we haven't had snow like that this winter, too cold for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you will share your big shawl.. I always enjoy your crochet creations and your color choices. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best get on and finish your snug shawl so you can use it while the weather is soooo cold! No snow here though, just the grey stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see your post... I was wondering how you are. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to see you posting Amanda, I lurk a lot too and feel guilty because I don't have the time to leave a comment and I have retired! where does the time go, you take care and keep warm :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Amanda...I understand the lurking entirely! I haven't always had time to post, but trying to stay in touch with dear friends. Can't wait to see your shawl, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to hear from you, Amanda! I wonder if you - or any of your crocheting friends in the UK - might be interested in this project https://www.babble.com/parenting/crocheted-octopus-lovies-help-premature-babies/ I'm not a crocheter, but I think it sounds like a great thing to do - especially if you have a stash of cotton yarn to use up! Maybe you'd like to alert your crocheting colleagues?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sending this out straight away as I am sure several of my crochet contacts will be interested in participating. Thanks for the link :-)

      keep well

      Amanda

      Delete
  12. Hello Amanda, Nice to catch up with you, glad you like my 'new' blog and my disguise but, yes, it is still me! Blogging is fun, but we all lead busy lives so there are times when we post less. I know that once we get some decent weather I'll be out and about enjoying it, or more likely indoors scrubbing and cleaning with that old Spring Cleaning Fever! No wonder you decided to crochet that heavy shawl, you have had it cold! Bring on the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just attended the trade show in Birmingham, UK called "Stitches" and all the yarn booths reminded me of you! Clever projects and the colors of yarn were glorious. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping in Susan. I imagine you had a fabulous time in Birmingham albeit chilly though.

      keep well

      Amanda x

      Delete
  14. So right, we are all busy, at work and hobbies, housekeeping and so on.
    Thanks for your nice comment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read them and try to reply to all as well.Please keep them coming. Amanda :-)