Crafty in the Med

I am here to enjoy meeting other bloggers and to share my love of craft ,mostly crochet, my thoughts and my daily happenings here in Alicante,Spain, my adopted country. I belong to a local choir because singing and music makes me happy. Flea markets and book shops are two of my favourite places to be. I read lots......sci´fi/fantasy,buried treasure, and off world adventures. I have a passion for history! I walk and walk and walk for about 10 months per year during the hot months I swim.

Sunday 23 December 2018

and...here it is again...Christmas!



It crept up on me once again so very fast......
Christmas is practically on my doorstep!!!!!

Crikey!!!!....I told myself ....head up girl you can do this in two days....ready,steady go!!

I have been whizzing around getting everything into place....tree is up and blinking (brought some new lights they blink and dip...sort of) .

Grocery bought and in the larder ready for cooking and baking tomorrow. Thanks goodness I have a strong armed Sr Paco who carried the heavy bags ....having the supermarket 2 mins away helped too!

In October I finished my crocheted front door decor which as you can see is not a wreath.  I saw it somewhere browsing on the web.   For some strange reason I decided back then it was a good idea to do that in plenty of time for Christmas. It was a bit awkward to get it to hang on the door without using glue or sellotape....but with thread and blue tak I got it sorted.






I hope to be able to post a little more over the next couple of weeks as I am on holiday!!!




Take care 


Amanda :-)





10 comments:

  1. HeHe! I have'nt met anyone yet that isn't in
    a panic..well..ladies anyway..! :).
    All the blokes just lie back and let the ladies
    get on with it, and let them panic..! :).
    Still..l suppose men are good for one thing at
    Christmas..opening bottles and cans..."Nuff Said".

    My daughter..family will be here next weekend, the 28th,
    so next weekend will be busy, Christmas dinner next
    Sunday..Haunch of wild boar, goose, plenty of game, and
    all the trimmings..put the crib up last weekend, and it
    looks great..l popped into a charity shop last Saturday,
    and on the Christmas table was a 'pink' 18inch tree, it
    was for decoration only, had to have it..had to have it..
    So the lady said if you want it..take it on..it is now
    sitting on the coffee table..in the front room..job done! :).

    Well..best get on..time for a lemon tea before the footy....
    Hope everyone has a great Christmas..and ALL the very best
    for the year 2019...! πŸŽ„✨πŸŽ„

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Willie
      Hello Willie,
      Looks like I am going to be busy on 28th Dec too. My daughter picked up a tummy bug so she wasn't well on Christmas Day so we transferred the family lunch and get-together to the 28th. Have a great time and likewise all the very best for 2019 :-)

      Delete
  2. I was glad to see you posted on your blog.. have a wonderful holiday, I'm sure you'll get it all done.. it's magic that way.

    ****************************************
    *M*E*R*R*Y* * *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ****************************************

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks Teresa.....I obviously found a little bit of magic because it looks as if I am going to get it ready on time......phew! Keep well
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Amanda. Have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see you back. The door decoration is fun! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your door hanging Amanda what a clever idea I may do similar for next year. Have a wonderful Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful little tree Amanda...such a great idea!
    Hope you had a lovely Christmas and wishing you all good things in 2019.
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read them and try to reply to all as well.Please keep them coming. Amanda :-)