Crafty in the Med

I am here to enjoy meeting other bloggers and to share my love of craft ,mostly crochet, my thoughts and my daily happenings here in Alicante,Spain, my adopted country. I belong to a local choir because singing and music makes me happy. Flea markets and book shops are two of my favourite places to be. I read lots......sci´fi/fantasy,buried treasure, and off world adventures. I have a passion for history! I walk and walk and walk for about 10 months per year during the hot months I swim.

Tuesday 19 March 2019




19th March.  San Jose Day


or in other words 

Father's Day

here in Spain!


My Dad passed away years ago ,in the 70s,  Sr P's Papa passed away 10 years ago. 

It is good to remember them and chat about the good times not that we don't at other times too but today we remembered Father Days in the past when they were here with us.  Sweet memories!!! 

 
to those of you who celebrate it today :-)


Keep well

Amanda




5 comments:

  1. Strange....
    Father's Day is a celebration honoring fathers and celebrating
    fatherhood, paternal bonds, and the influence of fathers in society.
    In Catholic Europe, it has been celebrated on March 19 (St. Joseph's Day)
    since the Middle Ages. This celebration was brought by the Spanish and
    Portuguese to Latin America, where March 19 is often still used for it....
    It is celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, most commonly
    in the months of March, April and June....
    In the UK it is celebrated on the 3rd Sunday in June...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Willie. It is a national fiesta day here and I delight in seeing so many families out getting together to celebrate this day. It so good to see how united families are in this country and the care and respect they hold for their parents and grandparents. keep well xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Father's Day in the USA is in June.. it's always a good time to celebrate the men who made us possible and those who care for us. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teresa, Its in June in the UK as well. I miss not celebrating it with them!

      A xx

      Delete
  4. It really is good to remember those we've loved and honor them. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read them and try to reply to all as well.Please keep them coming. Amanda :-)