Crafty in the Med

I am here to enjoy meeting other bloggers and to share my love of craft ,mostly crochet, my thoughts and my daily happenings here in Alicante,Spain, my adopted country. I belong to a local choir because singing and music makes me happy. Flea markets and book shops are two of my favourite places to be. I read lots......sci´fi/fantasy,buried treasure, and off world adventures. I have a passion for history! I walk and walk and walk for about 10 months per year during the hot months I swim.

Sunday 15 September 2019

Presence

 I have titled this post Presence because that is what I am and have been since my last post here in March. I continue to read posts and have commented on a few....not many nevertheless I am still here. I am very reluctant to give up blogging and remove my blog all together! I just don't want to do that so for the moment I have created a facebook social space for crochet and craft. I seem to be able to manage that better at present.    I would be delighted if you would like to join me there either by hitting like or follow on my new faceblog:
Craftyinthemed social facebook page 

There is also a link to facebook on the right column of this page.






Naturally I haven't given up crochet at all and one of my recent projects was a circular shawl for a new great nephew who arrived the day before yesterday.
 Lots of bunnies. The babe's mother likes rabbits!!





I also want to tell you about this group i have joined you may have already heard about it. It is called
Random Acts of Crochet Kindness a group which was created by Olivia,a young lady who crochets in the UK.
Here is her interview and she will tell you all about it

Olivia's BBC radio interview

 and should you like to join. Random acts of crochet kindness


 She started the group on 31st August and now look at the amount of members she has got. People have joined from all over the world to spread crochet happiness and are they friendly yes they are! There was a lady who joined yesterday who lives on Sister Island in the Yukon,Canada.....long way away!!!

Anyhow I'll just show you a few of the crochet goodies  (it doesn't just have to be flowers!) I have been placing here and there in my neighbourhood to spread some crochet kindness as Olivia says!!


 I want to give this one to one of the post office assistant who always gives you a smile .


  I left this one in the post office with my tag message.



This one on a bench in front of the retirement home.


These two hanging from a soft drinks dispenser. I saw the young lady who picked it up and she quickly clipped it to her bag!!!

Its fun and I like the idea that I am spreading some kindness and hopefully getting people to smile!


Keep well!!

Amanda






11 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you post, my friend. The large round shawl is gorgeous, what a wonderful gift! And I like your random acts of crochet kindness.. I need to do some of that. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for calling in here Teresa. The RACK group is wonderful and such fun :-)

      keep well

      Amanda x

      Delete
  2. Oh my word, that shawl is utterly gorgeous. I love the random acts of crochet kindness. What a nice thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to hear from you Amanda, I haven't blogged for ages either I just don't have the time. Your shawl is beautiful. The acts of random kindness is a lovely idea, I'm off to find you on Facebook. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see you post, the shawl was a real delight what a stunning gift. Love the idea of the acts of kindness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have just received a photo of Brody my great niece cuddled in the shawl. So worthwhile all the time it took to make :-)

      keep well
      Amanda

      Delete
    2. Sorry that should read"nephew" !!

      Delete
  5. It's very nice to hear from you and see what's new with you. I just bought some yarn to try to crochet again. I've never been very good but I like to try! The acts of kindness is a wonderful idea! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for calling in and its great to hear from you too. I find crochet pure therapy I just couldn't manage without I think! keep well Amanda x

      Delete
  6. Many thanks Celia for calling in. I am inclined to agree with your description of facebook where I am not so comfortable in my role of crocheter and in fact I am eager to return to my blog where I am more at ease surrounded by my blog friends some of whom I have had since 2009 and new ones I hope to meet here in blogland in the future. As you so well described it our blogs are like a part of our home...very apt. I am determined to continue with my blog even if I cannot post as much as I would like to. keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read them and try to reply to all as well.Please keep them coming. Amanda :-)