Crafty in the Med

I am here to enjoy meeting other bloggers and to share my love of craft ,mostly crochet, my thoughts and my daily happenings here in Alicante,Spain, my adopted country. I belong to a local choir because singing and music makes me happy. Flea markets and book shops are two of my favourite places to be. I read lots......sci´fi/fantasy,buried treasure, and off world adventures. I have a passion for history! I walk and walk and walk for about 10 months per year during the hot months I swim.

Wednesday 21 July 2021

It could very well be...

 

Just going to get this bit of a moan over and done with !

I am bored of these digestive problems it has been going on since mid February! I have had no end of allergy & intolerance tests and nothing has come to light. Now it seems of all things it could be the thyroid medicine I take that is the cause of all my tummy problems. It is the only medicine I take at present. The dose has been lowered and I go back to my doctor next Tuesday.  My GP is actually totally baffled as to what is the cause of it.   I despair! ... sniff!

 

My balcony garden revisited

After seeing this wonderfully illustrated post from Katie on I live,I love,I craft,I am me blog     I thought about adding some small garden ornaments to my balcony garden. Further inspiration came from Katie in her reply to the comment I left on that post,"I have a few in my garden and you have to look hard for them so when you see them it is a surprise",  I very much like that idea.

I have made a start! I have pushed the majority of the pots into the corner where I only had the rubber tree plant and bunched them all up together.  

 

 

 


I have also dotted around some little garden features which I will probably change around a bit when I sit down and have a good look at it.

 



 

Can you see them? There were a few more ornaments but I thought it was getting too fussy so I got rid of them.  

I am planning to buy something like this to put against the wall under the green wall pot, mostly for the cacti.

Walmart image

 I have also been looking at a mini solar powered fountain online. It might be a bit ambition that but we'll see. 🌳   I would like to put a few more pots on the wall but I have to catch Sr P in the right mood for that. I also want more flowering plants and a exuberant hanging plant to go in the green pot on the wall. I need some more colourful pots so a trip to Agost the pottery village is on my list too. There is no hurry of course but now I have made my mind up about the balcony and its mini garden I would like to get it done.  I can use the balcony all year round as we installed hermetic sliding windows some years ago so we could enjoy that extra space in all weathers although when we were both working we rarely used it.



A little Hug-Babe RAOCK  

I had some yarn leftovers from the jumper I made,mentioned in my last post , so I made this little Hug-Babe from those leftovers for little Arabella to carrying in her pocket.


 The basic pattern comes from Nic Thompson a fellow RAOC member and she calls them little hugs. I tweaked it a little bit and gave her a bonnet and a dress.   I had to embroidery the face because it is for a little one.  I am not impressed with the result as usual. I am useless embroidering faces.

Just the right size for a little pocket! 

 

A little GD time

 
Cookie baby (GD) has been spending the day with us today and she is meeting up with some friends this afternoon at the pool here. It is the best place to be in this heat. 

She brought me one of her home baked Country Crusty loaves of bread.  She knows just how much I like home baked bread!


 

I asked to take her photo which she wasn't keen on so I said I would just photograph her curls.

 


Lucky girl she has beautifully thick curly hair. I so wish she would grow it again it used to reach her waist. I understand though it is so hot having long hair in this heat.

 

Happy blogging

Stay safe

 

Amanda 🌝

 

 


35 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your ongoing digestive problems Amanda it must be so frustrating for you especially when the tests don't reveal anything. My daughter has just started taking levothyroxine and she has developed a rash, shortness of breath at times and fatigue, I didn't realise there were so many side effects, I'm pleased I don't have any of them but I do have stomach issues as you know, last night my impacted wisdom tooth decided to have a flare up there's always something. Your plants are looking lovely, they do look better when clustered together, my next door neighbours have a pot hanging feature on their wall I can see it through my bedroom window, I'll try and get a photo and post in on my blog for you to see it looks lovely. The hug-babe is so cute, a good way to use up your leftover yarn. The bread looks yummy and GDs curly are beautiful. Have a great week. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda. Toothache nothing worse I do feel for you. There are indeed a lot of side effects with Leothyroxine. I am learning about them now! Many of them are brought on by not having the correct dosage. They have to check regularly that you are taking the correct amount . I found out via my GP that you are supposed to have a check every two years something I knew nothing about. My last check up was in 2012! I am just hope this new medicine does the trick . Many thanks for posting your neighbours wall flower arrangement. Something like that would look good on that bare balcony wall. A x

      Delete
  2. I hope you find out what is causing your problems soon - it must be very wearing for you. Your balcony garden is looking lovely. The hug baby will be a much loved companion, I'm sure! Crusty bread is such a treat!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie. I so look forward to feeling myself again...sigh! Home-baked bread is the best :-) A x

      Delete
  3. I hope you find out soon what is causing your issues. It is so wearing on you when you constantly don't feel well. I know from experience. I will be praying for you.
    I enjoyed seeing how you're decorating your patio and like the changes you made. I did see some of the decorative touches and like them very much. I wish we could have plants outside year round.
    I like that hug baby and should make one for Piper. The face looks great.I think you're too hard on yourself.
    Hae a lovely weekend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Betsy. Are you on your way to London at last? Do hope so :-) I am on new medicien nwo and hope it will do the trick. It is all so depressing! A x

      Delete
  4. Oh my word that hair, it is just beautiful. Sorry to hear about your health issues, hopefully a lower dose of medication will help. Love the hug baby, such a cute face there is certainly nothing wrong with that. Loving the balcony plants and decor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lorraine. Thank you for popping by :-) I have just started a new medicine so hopefully that will sort my problems out. A x

      Delete
  5. wow that is frustrating that the labs and doctors can not figure out the problem, but if it is the medicine that is a good thing.
    I am loving your garden ideas, and the cute little crochet is too fun.
    Hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so hoping it is the medicine Kathy and just with the change to another one will solve the problem. All this is so tedious! Thanks for your kind thoughts. A. x.

      Delete
  6. That was nice with you ... I found you at Radka :-) AND I found the pottery village Agost and even a wonderful video ... I love pottery - well, I love the craft at all - I already have make some things myself Made with clay but without a potter's wheel, it takes a lot of practice. I am very excited about your colorful pots ...
    Your crocheted doll is beautiful :-) And the bread looks delicious ... I also bake bread - regularly - Greetings to you. viola
    p.s. I have long hair, but not so wonderful curls :-)))) Hug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for calling in and for leaving a comment on this post. I have shoulder length hair and all I can get out of mine is a bit of a wave. I am envious that my GD has such curly hair :-) I have visited your blog and left a comment on your latest post A :-)

      Delete
  7. Lovely balcony! You are very creative. My front porch pots are getting very tired looking in the heat so need to be freshened. I also would love GD's bread, so nice and crusty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris. I have lots of plans for my mini garden. I have been spraying the plants every morning to help them weather the hot day. I also shelter them from the sun around about midday. This seems to be working as they are looking quite a bit better. A x

      Delete
  8. Your plants look wonderful all grouped together Amanda - I love displays & groups of things like that. I also love the wee crochet dolly - she is so sweet. I do hope you get your digestive issues sorted as they are NO fun whatsoever - it took me all of last year to sort mine out & in the end I paid & went private & got some answers. Take care Amanda. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie. I have been spraying those plants every morning since I moved them and diligently keeping them out of the midday sun. They are begiing to look much better and not so tired ,dusty looking. If this stomach problem continues and I hope it doesn't I may have to go private too. It has been going on for far too long . A x

      Delete
  9. Your balcony looks a real treat and will look even better as you move things about and add interesting little bits and bobs. What a super idea to add sliding windows.
    I can almost smell that bread - how absolutely delicious it looks)

    I hope they manage to determine the cause of your digestive upsets. it can't be very nice for you right now.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I have lots of plans for my mini garden and it includes a water feature...hopefully! GD has got quite good with her bread-baking and there is nothing better than the smell of freshly baked bread :-) A x

      Delete
  10. I hope they can find out the cause of your tummy troubles soon. If it is your medication, can they prescribe something to ease the reaction? When I told the doctor I was taking Ibuprofen for my arthritis, she prescribed Omeprazol, which prevents stomach issues. Your balcony looks great, and I've been toying with the idea of a solar powered water feature too. Haven't found the one I like (at the price I like) yet. The hug-baby is so cute and a lovely idea. And those curls - gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello HH . My GP has changed the thyroid medicine I take and prescribed a different one. First day today so hopefully I will be able to tolerate this one. If so it will mean all my stomach problems were produced by intolerance to the previous medicine. I am in no hurry so I am still browsing around looking at the solar powered water features. I need a small one that does not spurt water out too high. I don,t want complaints from neighbours that I am drenching them in water from my balcony πŸ˜€. A x

      Delete
  11. Those of us with heavy, straight hair look at fluffy curls and just sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping in KSD :-) I certainly do because my hair only gets a bit of a curve when it gets shoulder length the rest of the time it is straight and lanky! A x

      Delete
  12. That pocket pa1 is adorab1e. I have to agree that hair is gorgeous. And, Bread. No one has ever made a 1oaf for me. I am the breadmaker round here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy. I keep reminding my GD that people pay to have their hair curled and hers is natural and looks wonderful. It is looking much better now she doesn't use all those weird colours she used a few years back. A x

      Delete
  13. Pocket pal isso neat Amanda. Wishing the very best with tummy problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Wendy. I am always looking for little things to make to use up leftovers of yarn and RAOCK makes are very useful for this. Got my doctor tomorrow hope she will start offering me solutions. A x

      Delete
  14. your balcony garden is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and thank you for visiting my blog. I shall pop over to your now to have a read :-) A :-)

      Delete
    2. I have posted a comment on your Clovelly post :-) A.

      Delete
  15. She has incredible hair! So sorry you are still experiencing stomach issues. You are in my thoughts and prayers my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind thoughts.It is so depressing Mere but I am on new medicine now so hope that will sort it. A x

      Delete
  16. I like your ideas for the balcony, the plant stand looks just the thing to give it some height.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Radka. I am hoping I will be able to find something like that stand I have posted here. It is from Walmart USA so I don't suppose I will be able to find the same one here but I am looking out for something similar. A x

      Delete
  17. Hope your health gets better and the problems get solved. Your balcony corner looks beautiful.
    So sweet of her that she baked such a delicious bread.
    Those curls to be jealous of!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you Loes. The home-baked bread was very good GD has a knack for bread making and is much better at it than me. She had her hair straightened once I was so upset to see it! Thank goodness it was for only a day or so. A x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read them and try to reply to all as well.Please keep them coming. Amanda :-)