Crafty in the Med

I am here to enjoy meeting other bloggers and to share my love of craft ,mostly crochet, my thoughts and my daily happenings here in Alicante,Spain, my adopted country. I belong to a local choir because singing and music makes me happy. Flea markets and book shops are two of my favourite places to be. I read lots......sci´fi/fantasy,buried treasure, and off world adventures. I have a passion for history! I walk and walk and walk for about 10 months per year during the hot months I swim.

Wednesday 29 December 2021

Gentle Lady


πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„


This gentle lady has made house sitting for my SIL so entertaining. She is a darling!!

She was actually delighted to see us but I got the impression she was allowing us to stay under certain conditions! Those were that she was given a generous amount of pats, hugs and tummy rubs daily.



Who could resist those eyes anyhow! Not me!   

I was told to be careful because she jumps up on you but not once did she do that to me not even when she got excited and playful hearing the rustle of my hand dipping into the complimentary dog bone biscuit pack, that I had bought for her! By the way it took her just a few hours to learn that sound meant extra goodies coming her way. 

I would have so loved to have taken her for a long walk in the country lanes there but we were told absolutely not to do that. It seems she is a bit of an escape artist and also goes for other dogs as well. Only my nephew can take her for walks as he can manage her better than anyone.   

She certainly has a lot of space though inside the villa grounds and she has her fill of running from one end to the other patrolling her territory and generously woofing warnings to anyone who should walk too near to her wall. 


Front

The Front garden









The Gardens at each side of the house











The back of the villa in front of the swimming pool




I had some good walks in the mornings going around the garden lap after lap. Torka would just sit and watch me walking at first then she would trudge along following me slowly, continuing to watch me. She would poke her head around each corner to see what this new human "the bikkies lady" was up to but it seems she decided it was ok with her and she decided to walk beside me after that each morning... lap after lap.   

The weather was so mild that most mornings I had breakfast outside which Torka obviously thought was an invite and she enthusiastically helped me to eat my breakfast. As you can see she felt it was necessary to nudge me a bit to remind me she was also there participating.   

It is evident that she considered her one meal a day quite ridiculous and bordered on starvation!




Torka was quite vocal evening times but so were the other dogs from the other villas in the area.  I think and call me weird if you like but I bet you they are having a chat about all their human goings on during the day. Something like this perhaps... πŸ˜€

"She's forgotten to brush me again today" "No way did she?" 

" I had a go at the postman this morning...nearly got him this time" "

Have you seen those new fences they have put up? Do they really think they are going to keep me in!"  

OR  

"Hey! you know what I have some new humans here that I am taking care of "  "They love me and give me hugs all the time!"


She certainly kept her eye on us:



She knows she is not allowed in the house at all so she guards the backdoor.  




My adopted Christmas tree




The beautiful patio garden in the centre of the house



Goodbye Torka. We've enjoyed our Christmas break with you. Thank you for taking care of us πŸ’š


Replies to comments in previous post completed








  Happy Blogging

Amanda :-)πŸ””









35 comments:

  1. Beautiful property but sad she is not allowed inside the home-sigh
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy ,Thanks for calling in. I have answered your comment on my latest post :-). A x

      Delete
  2. Torka is a beauty with a lovely personality.
    Beautiful home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Torka is a beautiful girl. She reminds me of our Chloe that we lost last year. I can't imagine not having her inside though. Our dogs go everywhere with us. The house is amazing. Such gorgeous gardens.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betsy ,Thanks for calling in. I have answered your comment on my latest post :-). A x

      Delete
  4. Brilliant picture love the dogs talking 🀣🀣really good xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I apologise if this comes through twice, my laptop did 'a thing' and every word I typed vanished, shall try again.
    Lovely break and lovely companion (Torka) who reminds me of the dogs in Africa, those outside living, protective family guards which in reality are soft puddings with their humans (especially where biscuits are concerned)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said Kate. Torka is indeed that "a soft pudding" but she is adorable. She looked after us all the time we were there. A x

      Delete
  6. what a lovely Villa and a gorgeous dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Torka was very good company and such a gentle giant. Beautiful home indeed bit too big for me though. Great for a short stay! :-). A x

      Delete
  7. Hope you've had a lovely Christmas. That lovely little lady made me think of a seal when I saw her eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very relaxing quiet Christmas thanks and I am sure you had a wonderful Christmas too. Your build up to it is inspiring :-) Yesss... they do look like seal eyes...so adorable. All the best for the New Year x. Amanda x

      Delete
  8. What a lovely dog - she seems to have had a lovely time with you there.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We also enjoyed her company and my GD had lots of fun with her. A x

      Delete
  9. That is quite an impressive property! So much greenery, obviously well-tended. Sounds like you had fun with your new buddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is and the gardens are lovely, everything is well looked after. A gardener comes in once a week. Thank goodness I just can't see my SIL managing to keep those gardens up otherwise. A x

      Delete
  10. Oh how adorable is Torka and I am a scaredy cat with dogs lol How much love she would have felt from you ❤πŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Torka wouldn't hurt a fly at least anyone she has accepted within her home. I am not so sure about anyone breaking in, her size alone would frighten them off I think A x

      Delete
  11. Mm, crazy blogger won’t recognise I’m signed in so using Anonymous…
    ... will copy so won’t lose this Amanda!

    Thanks so much for popping over to my blog and leaving your lovely comment. I’m struggling to blog on mobiles so it’s dwindling to previous days, may get new pc this year one with wifi that actually works,

    I did smile at Torka what a funny playful personality of a dog.

    Was really surprised at all that paving around the house... though wouldn’t that be hotter than grass, not a blade to be seen, most curious.

    Thanks for Sharing, God bless and keep you safe, and all those you love, hugs Shaz in Oz.x

    PS edit. Well just as well did remember to copy paste as I lost it on ipad. So then put in a email to myself with your link on it so could add it on my mobile so here it is at last. πŸ˜‰❤πŸ™
    Now you know why its so hard!
    Praying Gods blessing upon you this coming year, I pray God's special blessing and kerping for you all year through!

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shaz ,Thanks for calling in. I have answered your comment on my latest post :-). A x

      Delete
  12. Fun times. Im so sorry >I have come back to writing, but I had to change to: https://knittinggenes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to have you back in blog land Kathy x. A x

      Delete
  13. What a lovely place and Torka is so sweet, it sounds like you have had a very special Christmas Amanda. Wishing you all the very best for 2022.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a sweet gal and was very good company. All the very best Linda for the New Year. Lets hope its a good one! A x

      Delete
  14. Wonderful place to spend Christmas!
    I wish you very Happy New Year, busy crafting! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very happy New year Radka and to all your family! A x

      Delete
  15. It sure looks idyllic! Happy New year sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lovely villa and great for a short stay! Happy New year to you and your family too A x

      Delete
  16. Awwwwwwwwwww...what a sweet pup. Looks like you have a forever friend.

    The house is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Torka was really good company. It is a lovely house and home and I have enjoyed the stay but it is too big for me . LOL! A x

      Delete
  17. what a gorgeous pup!!!! and p1ace to stay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Torka is a darling and such good company! Happy New Year Kathy A x

      Delete
  18. Hope you've had a lovely Christmas Amanda !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks and a very Happy New year to you too A x

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. I do read them and try to reply to all as well.Please keep them coming. Amanda :-)