Crafty in the Med

I am here to enjoy meeting other bloggers and to share my love of craft ,mostly crochet, my thoughts and my daily happenings here in Alicante,Spain, my adopted country. I belong to a local choir because singing and music makes me happy. Flea markets and book shops are two of my favourite places to be. I read lots......sci´fi/fantasy,buried treasure, and off world adventures. I have a passion for history! I walk and walk and walk for about 10 months per year during the hot months I swim.

Wednesday 9 February 2022

Here or there?

 

WARNING: Photo Heavy!

Having come to a decision about our future downsized home and as we have dismissed the idea of a place on top of the Arenales cliffs we are looking around other areas of the coast. 

Last Sunday we went to the Campello area again. I have mentioned this seaside town before here. This part of the coast is just outside of Campello and not too far from Alicante city. 



We want to avoid the urban beaches as they do get very busy throughout most of the year and during the summer peak season months they get really crowded. That is why we are looking at these other areas along the coast where there are wild beaches. We would really love to live near a beach that is as unspoiled as possible!  





This is a very small wild beach which is fine for us and not much sand more pebbles which is fine too. We don't go in for sunbathing anyhow and it doesn't bother me if it is all pebbles.  We spend most of out time in the sea swimming or snorkeling. Sr P much more than me! Understandably Sr P would have to try out the area or I should say this part of the sea ... if it is good for snorkeling that is.  



There is a very nice coastal footpath which we strolled along as far as it went. 



Sr P observing the area and the sea which was as calm as a millpond. 



Beautiful views and so relaxing to contemplate.


Lots of seaweed today





What is it with the lilac lamp posts?   That's a first!  

Really large "WoW" villas there in the background.  I imagine they are holiday homes as most of them were closed up for the winter.







All of the lamp posts were painted lilac. I am trying to decide if I like them that colour or not!


 


Although we would prefer a little bungalow we would also consider an apartment. There were several for sale in this complex.   I did take note of the details but (there is always a but...sigh) I later noticed that to get down to the beach one has to cross a very busy main road!   


Oh! dear! We didn't like that very much!



Access to the beach we were looking at after crossing the main road.


I rather think we are being super fussy!  


This is our wants list at present but I am sure I can add to this list if I think about it a bit more:

  • wild unspoiled beach
  • small house/apartment, close proximity to the beach
  • large terrace
  • Must not face north
  • right sort of snorkeling area
  • not too near a main road
  • near to Alicante City
  • good services. 
  • Fabulous view
  • quiet area




REPLIES to comments on my previous post completed 😊






Happy blogging


Amanda 😎











30 comments:

  1. Hood morning Amanda, sounds like a very fun adventure for you both-looking for your beach home. enjoy the experience hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it is fun although I must admit I see many fabulous villas which far beyond our economical possibilities which I envy ... just a little :-). A x

      Delete
  2. Your list looks good to me :)
    The busy street noise level, speed limit wise is a concern. Is it higher or lower depending on the apartment level? Being picky is merely a keen comfort skill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for calling in :-) I definitely want to avoid a busy road and the noise. We live by a busy road at present and although we are somewhat used to it I do want to avoid in the area we move to. A x

      Delete
  3. That sounds like a great list to me. Dennis and I had similar wishes for the Oregon coast until we had to move back to the midwest last year. I'm be hoping all goes well and that you find exactly what you're wishing for. What a beautiful place to be looking for new home.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really lovely in that area. We will try again further along the coast but we don't want it to be too far from the city. There is no hurry really and we are enjoying the house hunting excursions too. A x

      Delete
  4. Your list does not seem unreasonable - and things can alter and change as you see fit :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it is. After all it will be the last house we will move to so it has to be just right. A x

      Delete
  5. Some beautiful blue skies and sea. I am sure the right thing will come along eventually. If it's going to be your 'forever' home, it has got to be right, hasn't it? Good luck with the search.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie. It will I am sure. Meanwhile we are enjoying quite a lot our house hunting. A x

      Delete
  6. oh it looks beautiful, and its good to have a list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Next week we will be looking it bit further along the coast. Perhaps we'll be lucky this time. and find our forever home :-). A x

      Delete
  7. What fun looking for a new home, your wish list seems perfectly reasonable to me and I will tell you from experience when you see it you will just know that it's the one for you. The beach near me has lots of pebbles too it doesn't bother me, I love beach pebbles. Good luck with your search and just take your time. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you...I have an image of what we are looking for in my mind and one day I will find it. At least I hope I will. A x

      Delete
  8. The scenery & the beaches look just beautiful Amanda - look at that beautiful blue ocean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that I am lucky to live near to some really wonderful beaches and swim in the Med. A x

      Delete
  9. That looks like an ideal spot, hope you find something suitable. And, no, you are not being too fussy! You deserve to have what you prefer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely spot but quite busy tourist wise. I suspect it will get busier too in the future. A x

      Delete
  10. All looks glorious Amanda Lilac posts very much different 😂😂 Your choices sounds like a good list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny you know but sometimes the little things like lilac lamp posts can be off putting. LOL! I am wondering if it is an undercoat and they have yet to finish painting those lamp posts. I wouldn't put it past the local council taking that long to finish the job! A x

      Delete
  11. It looks like a very good list to me - you have to be clear about what you really want, even if some compromises have to sneak in through the back door.
    I'm really not sure about the lilac . . . :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have decided I don't like lilac lamp posts! It looks so out of place. Now...if it had been a sea blue colour much more in keeping with that coastal walk :-) A x

      Delete
  12. I think you should be fussy. You have to live there and what seem like "small" inconveniences loom large when you have to face them every day.

    That said .............that beach IS beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good advice Dee. I shall keep that in mind. A x

      Delete
  13. Good luck with the search!

    Lovely sea photos. The only thing I miss about California is the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t think I could ever live inland Sue. I have always lived on the coast even in the UK. A x

      Delete
  14. What a really lovely area you are so lucky xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amanda, I think you 1ist is perfect. Not to picky!!! You have to give a bit, And it 1ooks 1ike you musts are reasonab1e!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kathy, Many thanks for your comments. I think we shall have to be a little flexible but I draw the line at busy main roads and the noise of traffic.I already have that more than ever where we live now. A x

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. I do read them and try to reply to all as well.Please keep them coming. Amanda :-)