September is also the thunder storms month; the build up after the hot summer months when the last rain fall was mid June .
|Lightening over St Barbara's Castle - this evening-not taken by me!|
It is one of my favourite months of the year because it is still warm,still swimming weather but not unbearably hot . I can walk again properly at a good pace without feeling exceedingly hot,devoured by mosquitoes and totally uncomfortable.
Autumn is also the season for participating in the Autumn Glow Swap generously hosted once again by Blueberry Heart .
I enjoyed it so much last year that I was very keen to do so again this year.
We now have our partners and I am paired with Helen from Moonstruckcreations . A tantalizing name for a blog which brings to mind magic,fantasy and mystical things. I wonder now.....would Helen be Gemini?
There you are that is why I delight so in these swaps. I am already wondering!!!
It is the opportunity to meet another blogger virtually,the fun of stalking the swap partner a little to try and determine what is best to send. Then there is the anticipation of the swap partner receiving the goodies and if one has hit the mark....it then turns it all into a success swap story.
I can truly say to date I have had the most wonderful swap partners and thoroughly enjoyed each experience.
Helen has already been in contact and queried what things I like and crafts I like to do. Therefore to be able to offer Helen a coherent answer to her queries I decided to include my reply to her in this post.
My mind is full of rather erratic thoughts as I think of all that I like and the crafts I have done or do therefore to place those thoughts in some sort of order I have decided to do so in list format:
- Crochet reigns supreme for me where craft is concerned. I am a sworn fanatic and a total addict. It is also my saviour ; therapeutically helping me through difficult days. I used to do a lot of fine lace crochet and some Irish crochet too but I find my eyesight is a problem now . I mostly use yarn or Nº 5 cotton. I rarely make the same thing twice I find it boring repeating things, once I have done it then I want to go on to something else
- During the intervals when I would put crochet to one side I have done a lot of cross-stitch and embroidery. However of late I've been finding it more difficult to do, once again because of my eyesight,although I do wear glasses. All the same I still embroider small things if I wish to embellish a crochet project.
- Machine sewing. I bought myself a sewing machine last January and little by little I have been teaching myself how to use it. It is a slow process. I find I like the possibility of making projects where sewing and crochet is combined but I really don't think I am going to be an ardent sewer. I can't see myself making clothes or big projects as yet. I do like the end results but I can't tuck it in my bag and take it with me to do when I want nor can I do it in front of the TV or while I am chatting to someone. The machine actually scares me and it is all because I don't really know what I am doing . It is quite an odyssey when I have to change a bobbin.
- Buttons... I love buttons. I am tempted to have a go at button pictures. I've seen some lovely work. I think I could make things with buttons, not sure what...pinterest could probably put me on the right track.
- I like mixing! That is a crochet project embelished with embroidery,beads or buttons and felt
- I love reading,watching a good film,time to myself,music, a good discussion,history,inspirational quotes, the origin of names, classical art,family history research,swimming,photography (taking and receiving),flittering through a home improvement magazine, art deco , British comedy,Devonshire clotted cream and my mother's steamed chocolate pudding. I am also an animal lover and have always had pets. I like walking through the woods,cycling and visiting home at least once a year.