Crafty in the Med

I am here to enjoy meeting other bloggers and to share my love of craft ,mostly crochet, my thoughts and my daily happenings here in Alicante,Spain, my adopted country. I belong to a local choir because singing and music makes me happy. Flea markets and book shops are two of my favourite places to be. I read lots......sci´fi/fantasy,buried treasure, and off world adventures. I have a passion for history! I walk and walk and walk for about 10 months per year during the hot months I swim.

Saturday 19 July 2014

Cloudy Dawn


 Blogger is a pain!!!

Once again or should I say after three tries I've finally been able to reinstate my followers´ blog roll once more.  I shudder and hesitate anytime I add or delete from the blog roll now because when I do this these glitches seem to occur.....occasionally.... but not always.....temperamental B*****!


This means once again dear peeps I am not sure if I have added everyone to my blog roll. I'm sorry I know this is a pain (Blogger's fault remember!) but please just check you are there on my list. If you aren't just shout out and I'll add you.  They say Third time lucky well if this happens a fourth time I'm seriously considering another blog page designer.



 You may remember I did mention in my previous china post here that I had to go and block something big... and here it is:

Perhaps I should have said long instead of big!


The length of a single bed;that's 90cms

A summer wrap which I call Cloudy Dawn. It is my own design. I used that stitch in the past on something(that long ago I can't even remember what but I had a little sample of it) so I thought I would try it out. 
I used Katia Belice a varigated yarn which is gorgeous to work with. It has a stretchy feel to it and it is light.



I bought the yarn from the little Katia shop that I go to and they wanted to put it on show.....which was nice of them.

In a parcel I am sending to my sister B in Australia I wanted to add a little something extra so I made this dishcloth using up some Catania Grande 10ply cotton from my stash.
I found this pattern on the Red Heart website


A big welcome to my new followers ,many thanks for calling in and I hope you enjoy following my blog!



Amanda :-)




37 comments:

  1. Perfect summer shawl, and the colours are really subtle, very feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shawl, very pretty colours, I like the unusual pattern for the dish cloth too, thanks for the link xcx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, your wrap is so pretty! I love those colors! It blocked out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Summer wrap is beautiful Amanda no wonder they wanted to put it on show. I'm having serious trouble with blogger too in my case it's so slow aaaaaaghhh sometimes I feel like putting my laptop through the window. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping in Linda. I am seriously considering changing. It is such a waste of time having to draw up my Followers blog roll each time there is a glitch!

      A :-)

      Delete
  5. Your wrap is gorgeous. No wonder they wanted to show it off in the shop.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shawl is simply divine! Imagine how pretty it would be, also, hung in a window as a lace valance! That sure is a nice yarn shop!!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a fantastic job on the shawl and of course that shop wanted to show it off, think how much yarn they will sell with that beauty in their shop.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow I love your wrap its beautiful. The colours are so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous shawl, just the job for the cooler autumny evenings.Gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so so pretty - your shawl, I am not surprised it has been put on show! Well done - gorgeous work xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The shawl is absolutely gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, it's gorgeous, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - an incredible piece of work with the wrap, its gorgeous!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely shawl!! It's such a nice thing to get your work showcased. Congrats!:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your summer shawl is beautiful, no wonder the shop wants to display it. Glad to hear you've won blogger over. It quite often tells me I'm not following any blogs.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. The color and pattern of your shawl are wonderful and so worthy of admiration, Amanda! I'm so glad the shop put it on display :) And I really like the dishcloth you made for your sister as well. Thanks for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amanda your shawl is so beautiful! The colors make me feel cool and summery to look at and I'm sure it feels heavenly to wear. How nice of your yarn shop to want to put it on display. It certainly shows their yarn in a very beautiful way. :-). The dishcloth is also very pretty and I'm sure that your sister will love it.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Amanda....your shawl is so beautiful and such lovely colours. X

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty - love it ! My niece had a beautiful soft wrap her mother made at her wedding

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good Morning Amanda, Your Cloudy Dawn wrap is beautiful.... you must feel so proud of it. I love the colours you have chosen and I was so pleased to see it draped on the mannequin, as that really showed off it's beauty.
    I cannot believe that the star shaped crochet is a dish cloth.... sorry, I would not be able to use it to wash dishes as it is so lovely.
    I do hope blogger sorts itself out soon as I have heard a number of people complaining about it just lately.
    Best Wishes to you.
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  22. nice post! first time i am going to bookmark post of any other person on my social accounts but i like this.
    greeting cards for anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  23. A most beautiful shawl in a lovely yarn, one could not wish for a better result! Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! That is one beautiful wrap Amanda. You designed it yourself too - so clever.
    No wonder the Katia shop wanted to display it. I bet they have sold a lot of that yarn while your lovely stole is on display.
    I just noticed you are going to Yarndale. Can we say jealous?
    Happy weekend,
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there
      Thank you for your very kind comments! As for Yarndale...nope afraid not .....I added IN SPIRIT above the logo as I most certainly would like to go very much but the very worst time of the year for me work wise so it is out of the question. However I will be hovering over the Yarndale and LUcy's facebook to see what is happening.
      A x

      Delete

  25. Hi, I love your craft, is beauty, I love a colors, I follow your blog, hugs from Brazil.
    Visit my blog - Tita Carré - free patterns crochet

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Roberta
    Many thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind comments.

    I'll be popping into see your blog very soon

    A. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your shawl looks so pretty and floaty Amanda and I love the delicate shading using the variegated yarn...it looks beautiful in the shop!
    Hope you have a great new week,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your wrap is stunning, big and very beautiful.

    Have you raised the blogroll issue with Google's Blogger Help Forum Amanda. They can sometimes help sort these glitches out. https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/blogger

    Blog rolls can't be coded from within your template css/html but it may be that you have a line of code in there somewhere that is conflicting with the blog roll gadget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie! I'll have a look in the forum and yes you could be right! Thanks for your advice too!

      A x

      Delete
  29. I love your shawl the colours are just perfect. The dishcloth is cute too and very useful. Keep well. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is so beautiful Amanda! and I have been reading your comments on blogging too very interesting, me too!! I decided to please myself (re blogging) a long time ago, may I add your blog is looking very smart these days too!
    bestest daisy j x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Stunning shawl! I love the colours Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read them and try to reply to all as well.Please keep them coming. Amanda :-)