Crafty in the Med

I am here to enjoy meeting other bloggers and to share my love of craft ,mostly crochet, my thoughts and my daily happenings here in Alicante,Spain, my adopted country. I belong to a local choir because singing and music makes me happy. Flea markets and book shops are two of my favourite places to be. I read lots......sci´fi/fantasy,buried treasure, and off world adventures. I have a passion for history! I walk and walk and walk for about 10 months per year during the hot months I swim.

Saturday 18 October 2014

and ...I said out loud ...WOW!



I said all that and more!
Sr P also peered in among the goodies lifting up a parcel here and there while he sniffed and said ......it smells of cinnamon.
The presentation of it all was so alluring that I was dying to get to and open up all the little parcels.  It made for some enjoyable moments as we oohed and ahhed  as I unwrapped each parcel.

I am participating in Blueberry Hearts Golden Autumn Swap


and the previous introduction is a brief description of first impressions of the contents of the swap parcel I received from Ellie at Feltabulous last  Thursday. As luck would have it we also received each others swap parcels practically simultaneously so you can find the contents of what I sent to Ellie here in her latest post.

Let me show you because the contents indeed must be seen as Ellie has been extremely generous.

How about that then? Glorious,isn't it?

 As you can see everything was wrapped up in Autumn colours (so.... nice brings to mind home and walks in the woods . You just don't get those colours here!)    You can see there's a lovely bunch of ribbons ,a felt ball garland (so soft),some pretty tape, a silk mini bunting,a Lincoln City fridge magnet(it is actually on my fridge door now. I have four from different swaps so I think it is the start of a collection. What I particularly like are the fine tip pens!!! This is quite a coincidence actually because I've been having ideas of going back to something I used to do years ago and it involves fine tip pens. I was thinking of buying a couple and starting on this idea over the summer months but it got pushed to one side. I think now ....this is destiny saying go on do it and Ellie's gift is prompting me to go ahead :-)
Here we find where the wonderful cinnamon smell comes from...the candles. All of them smell extremely nice but I do like the Cinnamon Stick one particularly. I mean for Sr P to sniff it out straight away is something as he couldn't care less about candles or nice air freshener smells!
Look buttons ...more for my collection and lace!!!   Love it!

More goodies!!! 
The bracelets are wonderful. I have already worn the orange one and it is very comfortable. I very often do not wear bracelets as they bother me ;this one does not.   I do like the idea of the picture giving a description of the different types of beads used.
Do you see the burnt orange felt heart?   Ellie made that and from Merino Wool!!
There is more. A notebook,postcards,a key ring which is now hanging from my bag handle, love those pretty stones dangling from the side of my handbag.A Traditional English recipe booklet . I'm thinking of scanning off a couple of those recipes for my students. I can use that in class and it will also show them we do not eat sandwiches or fast food all the time,as they seem to think so.

I am trying to pump as much gratefulness and sincere sense of pleasure into this post as possible to try and portray just how much I appreciate these marvelous swap gifts. Ellie has been most thoughtful as I can see she has taken into account just what I like.  
Thank you so much Ellie for the care and consideration to me a stranger that you have shown in the selection of swap gifts that you have sent me.
Thank you also to Blueberry Heart for hosting such a wonderful swap and I look forward to next years as well.

I have been thoroughly spoilt these last few days I received something else and this time from the USA but I'll leave that for my next post.

I'll just add a photo of what I am working on at the moment


30 Granny squares done and 32 to go.....groan!!!!     As I mentioned in my previous post ...noooo it is not a blanket! Can you guess what it is going to be???   :-)


Have a great weekend

Amanda :-)


27 comments:

  1. Dear Amanda
    You are so very welcome! I thoroughly enjoyed putting the gifts together for you and am so pleased you liked them. I need to get on with my post about your fabulous parcel now...
    Have a good rest of the weekend.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very generous swap gift. Everything looks as though it was bought or made especially for you. What a wonderful gift. I have no idea what you're making but the squares are beautiful!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had Ellie as a swap partner before, she certainly is very generous. What a fab parcel to have.
    Joy x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, indeed a very generous swap gift. The squares are beautiful, could it be a poncho?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, Thanks for visiting. I was overwhelmed by Ellie's generosity!! Nope....sorry guess again!!!
      Amanda x

      Delete
  5. Oh wow! What beautiful gifts. And wow to your granny squares!....I love the colours and patterns...looking forward to finding out what it might be. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going to be soooooo busy crafting.

    Jean
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooooh! Fab-u-lous!!! so pleased you have enjoyed the swap :-) thanks to you and Ellie for taking part!!

    BH xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely swap pressie to receive...very generous!! Lucky you :) Are the 'granny squares' going to be a cushion/chair cover?? Looking forward to seeing what you have received from the USA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just popped over from Ellie's, both of your swap parcels are so lovely!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Amy
      Many thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind comments. Ellie's swap parcel was like an early Christmas present. Totally delightful!

      A :-)

      Delete
  10. Lucky you. I can smell the delicious scents from here! Could you be working on a wall hanging?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Autumn swap. :) I love the bobble stitch on the crochet squares. I would have said you are making a poncho too. Hmmm A bag then? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there ...so glad you could visit!!! I agree that is my favourite square. Sorry not a poncho or a bag!!! :-)

      keep well
      Amanda x

      Delete
  12. Aren't you a lucky duck with all of that Autumn goodness arriving at your door.
    Hugs,
    meredith

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow indeed! Such a lovely selection of goodies - enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow what fabulous goodies! your crochet looks intriguing could it be a granny square shawl?, can't wait to see whatever it is. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmmmmm... I am stumped. Do tell soon what you are making with those bright and beautiful squares, please, Amanda :-) I love your wonderful swap gifts and am so glad you are enjoying them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely swap gifts !! Your squares are looking pretty and colorful:) I guess you are making abig table runner or sofa cover else, if more than one, then may be cushion/pillow covers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for calling into my blog and for your comments. I'm afraid not Preeti ....not for any of those things! :-)

      keep well

      A x

      Delete
  17. I love your crochet squares Amanda they're looking so colourful! Great swap gifts x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow indeed! Such a lovely swap parcel. Pretty crochet too. Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wish I lived closer to take part in the swap! Wow, indeed, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous gifts, Amanda! So imaginative and colourful and beautifully presented. Your crochet squares look very exciting too :)
    Happy week.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! That is a wonderful bundle of goodness for you ^_^ Oh! I love your granny squares! The bobbly one is extremely beautiful. xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read them and try to reply to all as well.Please keep them coming. Amanda :-)