Crafty in the Med

I am here to enjoy meeting other bloggers and to share my love of craft ,mostly crochet, my thoughts and my daily happenings here in Alicante,Spain, my adopted country. I belong to a local choir because singing and music makes me happy. Flea markets and book shops are two of my favourite places to be. I read lots......sci´fi/fantasy,buried treasure, and off world adventures. I have a passion for history! I walk and walk and walk for about 10 months per year during the hot months I swim.

Tuesday 23 December 2014

All I want for Christmas is .....some time with my family!

It is here!


I have just finished marking exam papers and tomorrow is Christmas Eve...yes I know you know that but I have to remind myself that it is actually tomorrow. It has crept up on me so very fast!

Tomorrow it is going to be a crazy,crazy day for me as I have to do my Christmas shopping,wrapping presents and baking some English goodies to take to my sister-in-law's villa for the big family meal.
They do so like the English cakes!
They have this funny idea that I am a fantastic cook because I make these yummy cakes. If only they knew the truth ...I am quite mediocre where cooking is concerned . Anyhow tomorrow I'll be making a baked cheesecake with a fresh fruit topping and I thought as Lucy's at Attic24 Super Smartie cookies were so successful when I tried them out in August I'd do some of those for the kiddies.

Now I am going to straight away wish you all a very very Merry Christmas and a fantastic time with your family but this time instead of posting the usual Christmas image I thought you'd like to see these gorgeous photos of Misty my sister's toy poodle in her Christmas bonnet which I sent her last week. Would you believe it my guess work paid off and it actually fitted her !!!!!!
Even the ear slits were the right size!!!










I like this one best she looks so sweet!!!   Billy the Labrador doesn't want to look at her in case he has to put a Christmas bonnet on as well!!!  Ha! Ha!

 
 
MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS  
 and as I always say 
for those of you who do not hold these same beliefs.... no matter ......because I believe to wish someone Merry Christmas is synonymous of wishing you peace and happiness. 

 
May this be so dear bloggers ,
 
PEACE AND HAPPINESS,MERRY CHRISTMAS,
Feliz Navidad
 Bon Nadal, , Vrolijk Kerstfeest en een Gelukkig Nieuwjaar, Joyeux Noël, Froehliche Weihnachten, Shub Naya Baras,  Nollaig Shona Dhuit, Buone Feste Natalizie, Feliz Natal, Noeliniz Ve Yeni Yiliniz Kutlu Olsun and Nadolig Llawen.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Amanda :-)
 
 
 
 
 
 

20 comments:

  1. Love, love the bonnet! Enjoy your preparations Amanda and I also wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute bonnet <3!!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the doggie hat! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hat is very cute and festive, Amanda! The Christmas tea cozy you made me is in service, the bell on my tree...and many of the things you sent me are around me everyday as lovely reminders of you. Merry Christmas to you and yours, Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very, very cute hat. I hope you get all your shopping, wrapping and baking done tomorrow... I will be doing the same except for the shopping ( done with that). Merry Christmas to you dear friend. 🎄🎅

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas to you too Amanda, wishing you all the best for 2015...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Buon Natale Amanda, to you and your family!!!
    xxxxxx ale

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending wishes for a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family Amanda (including Billy and Misty who looks gorgeous in her new hat! x)
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha, ha, the little doggie eyes say it all.

    Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year.

    Jean
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Misty looks so cute in her bonnet, hope today wasn't too stressful for you, I hope you and your family have a great Christmas.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos :o) Happy Christmas to you and yours, have a lovely time :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a wonderful and relaxing time.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute, sweet doggies! Merry Christmas, Amanda! Enjoy your family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Merry Christmas Amanda. Hope you had a wonderful day and that your goodies were very yummy.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Amanda,
    wishing to you and your family a happy new year 2015,
    with health,joy and happiness!
    Happy Holiday's!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read them and try to reply to all as well.Please keep them coming. Amanda :-)