Crafty in the Med

I am here to enjoy meeting other bloggers and to share my love of craft ,mostly crochet, my thoughts and my daily happenings here in Alicante,Spain, my adopted country. I belong to a local choir because singing and music makes me happy. Flea markets and book shops are two of my favourite places to be. I read lots......sci´fi/fantasy,buried treasure, and off world adventures. I have a passion for history! I walk and walk and walk for about 10 months per year during the hot months I swim.

Saturday 13 August 2016

August is for catching up.

Finally finished!!!  
Painters have come and gone!!!  Cleaning up finished too!!! phew..... too hot for cleaning.

I think I started this shawl about six months ago.


 


It was meant to have been a gift for my Cookie baby's grandmother ( my counterpart) who lives in Florida. However as it grew and as it got nearer to the date that my daughter and grand-daughter were going on their holiday to Florida (that was April) I began to have doubts about it and whether it would be the right sort of gift  and I turned to this instead and put the shawl to one side.

Blocking was rather awkward as my largest space available is the spare bed. As you can see I had to go down the sides too.







I actually ran out of thread so I had to forgo the last row (little trebols). I think it still looks nice.

I used a 4.00 hook and a new thread I had never used before but I will certainly use again!


It is a 3 ply cotton thread and a delight to work with.

The end results modeled by Cookie baby (aka Rebecca)

 



 I am off now to enjoy my holiday delights.....cleaning my oven....and then the pool and in that order.

keep well!!!



Amanda :-)









12 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful shawl and expertly modelled! Can you add - clean my oven - to your list?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful Amanda, lovely colors, I hate housework! I hope you enjoyed cleaning the oven mine needs doing too, have a lovely weekend. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its beautiful, love the subtle mix of colours. I have a lot of housework to catch up on too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous! I love those colors. It makes me feel cool, like a dip in the water. I'm so happy to have a self cleaning oven. It makes life just a bit easier. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely shawl, so light and airy. Pretty colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your shawl, especially the colors. How wonderful it will be to wrap in when it turns chilly, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore the shawl, and the colours you chose, most beautiful!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely shawl, love the colours. I think cleaning the oven must be the most hated of household chores, along with bathroom duties lol. Enjoy the pool xcx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amanda that is a stunner. I have been to hot even to crochet lately, today is cooler and my hook is calling......best as ever xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That turned out fabulous! The recipient is sure to wear that often. I love my shawls and can't imagine doing without one. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. that looks lovely and cool perfect for hot evenings - the colour is gorgious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your shawl is so very pretty! Really wonderful job ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read them and try to reply to all as well.Please keep them coming. Amanda :-)