I finished this shawl using Jaipur Mercerized Cotton at the beginning of the summer.
I wanted a nice light summer shawl.
The pattern was not my own but one I found on the internet however I cannot tell you who wrote it because I have ripped it up.
That's right I tore it up! I was so disappointed with the results!
When I saw how tiny the shawl was I knew I had gone wrong somewhere. I had been so careful counting the stitches in each row. You see it does look a very simple straight forward pattern with no fancy stitches but you do have to keep counting the stitches in every row and carefully!!
I just rolled the shawl into a ball and threw it into a cupboard.
Well I found that crumpled up ball a couple of weeks ago and as it happened at that time I was in a more resourceful mood I thought I could do something with it. Perhaps it could be a sort of scarf I thought. I washed it and blocked it;strenuously pulling it here and there to try and make it a bit longer. It worked and this the result.
I have a new scarf to cover my shoulders a little !
I feel a bit guilty about ripping up the pattern now as it wasn't the pattern that was wrong but me.