Crafty in the Med

I am here to enjoy meeting other bloggers and to share my love of craft ,mostly crochet, my thoughts and my daily happenings here in Alicante,Spain, my adopted country. I belong to a local choir because singing and music makes me happy. Flea markets and book shops are two of my favourite places to be. I read lots......sci´fi/fantasy,buried treasure, and off world adventures. I have a passion for history! I walk and walk and walk for about 10 months per year during the hot months I swim.

Wednesday 12 January 2022

Trying again

We returned Sunday morning back along the coast to the Carrabassi wild beaches hoping that the amount of Caravans and Motorhomes illegally frontline parking and camping had diminished. In fact it had not it had increased! We therefore continued along the coast towards Santa Pola Town looking for a small area where we could get down to the beach to take the photos of the island of Tabarca that I wanted.  I was absolutely disgusted to see Motorhomes frontline parking and camping all the way along that part of the coast. It wasn't until we got to the entrance to Santa Pola Town that we could finally park.  

The following information is for those Caravan and Motorhome campers who are parking and camping illegally, according to the law in this country!  I imagine they won't take much notice though! If they are blatantly ignoring the signs prohibiting camping they aren't going to worry about the following either:

Coastal Law (article 33.5) also included in the General Traffic Regulations, prohibits parking and circulation, as well as camping and camping sites 20 meters from the beach in an urban area or 100 meters in a rustic area, counted from the shore of the sea (point that reaches the maximum water in storms or tide).

At the very entrance to Santa Pola Town we decided that the only way I was going to get the photos of the island that I wanted was to go along the seafront pathway there.  Just before that I took a few photos of the mountains we passed on our way along the coast and also of the popular Skywalk that is situated on the top of the mountain near the lighthouse. I have been there a couple of times and the view from the Skywalk is amazing. 






The Skywalk


Santa Pola Skywalk (google image)




At the coastal entrance to Santa Pola Town a little altar to La Virgen del Rosario .


I got my photo of Tabarca Island not quite the one I wanted but at least you can see it. It isn't always possible to get a clear photo of the island as it is very often covered in sea mist or a heat haze. They also call it the Isla Plana (the flat island) I don't think I need to explain why😐.  I always think that it reminds me of three submarines in a row😁. It may not look much but it is worth a visit. It is a marine reserve and it is great to go snorkelling there. The seafood restaurants are really good there too.






It was so lovely there that we continued along the seafront pathway for awhile and at the same time to also admire the villas there.





I wouldn't mind living here at all !   Just a few steps away from the sea...heaven!



A Watch Tower. There is always a watch tower or the ruins of one in all the towns along this coast.


Back to reality

 Now the refrigerator needs a thorough clean... sigh!


Best get it done!


Replies to comments on previous post completed 





Happy Blogging 


Amanda :-)














36 comments:

  1. As always, absolutely stunning photos. We live on the coast and have the same situation with camper and and motor homes. In public fib spats, motorhomers tend to say the complainers are jealous ! We have THREE camper and parked on our street, two of which don’t even live on this part of the street. They are annoying and should abide by caravan rules I say. Parked up on a driveway if lucky enough or in storage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Rachel,Thanks for dropping by :-) The campers (etc) lack of consideration and selfishness is incredible! At least any Motorhome that parks in the street is fined pretty quickly here. We live in front of a park and large shopping centre. The shopping centre gets hold of the police rather quickly if a Motorhome/s parks overnight anywhere near the Mall or the park. I did contact the authorities the first day I saw the invasion of Campers at the beach but I got the impression they are a bit laid back about it. I suspect that tourist numbers have dropped so much due to COVID that they are bending the rules at present. A x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos. Thank you for not giving up on finding the views.
    I imagine there's a time of year the rules bend. Still, there should be reasonable space for no parking zones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-). The authorities don't usually bend the rules in this case because this area is an all year round holiday resort. I also suspect they are doing so at present because there has been a considerable drop in tourists due to COVID. A x

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you persisted in finding a way to the water and your photographs. I sure can sympathize on the camping issue. It's hard for holiday makers too. If it's like it is here, so many places are banning campers and vans and they have no where to go. And if they were considerate of their neighbors, it wouldn't cause such a problem.
    I hope all is well with your refrigerator now! Mine could use a good cleaning too. How do they get so dirty with only the two of us?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Betsy. Those campers are making it difficult for the ones who do respect the rules. There is a perfectly good camping park for caravans and motorhomes just before you get to those beaches which has a short footpath down to the beach. You have to pay of course and you cannot park on the very edge of the beach either because it is against coastal law. As for the fridge well I had other important things to do... coffee with a friend LOL! A x

      Delete
  4. The views were worth all the hassle. The island does look like three submarines! Beautiful blue skies too.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The island doesn't look much from afar but it is nicer once you are there. It makes a very good day out! A x

      Delete
  5. Fabulous photos. Glad you managed to get them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anji thanks for dropping by :-) It took awhile but the photos and the glorious walk in the sun made it all worthwhile :-). A x

      Delete
  6. We all need opportunities to take a break from the everyday chores and a walk is a welcome way of doing that. The photos you took of the blue skies, the palm trees and the sea are wonderful and uplifting. Best wishes Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rightly said Linda. We do indeed need these moments! I always feel so much better after our Sunday morning outings. A x

      Delete
  7. Sheesh. . . Life always interfering with beach trips. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tremendously selfish of those campers in question... don't see why they cannot abide by the rules like other campers do! A x

      Delete
  8. Good morning Amanda, I enjoyed seeing all of those photos-I still would have called the authorities since were sooo many of them-perhaps they don't about this if no one tells them.
    to live there and have to deal with all those caravans would not be fun either enjoy the rest of your week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kathy, As mentioned in my last post reply to your kind comments. I contacted the authorities the Monday after the first camper invasion. Haven't heard anymore...tch! I have a feeling they are turning a blind eye because tourist visits are so low at present. A x

      Delete
  9. Beautiful views Amanda I'm glad that you managed to get the photos in the end. My fridge and freezer need a good clean also, maybe tomorrow haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit I am lucky that the weather is so mild here and we don't live inland. Cleaning the fridge has been postponed due to more urgent matters... like having a coffee with a friend!:-). A x

      Delete
  10. Some of your photos make it almost look tropical Amanda ... just stunning! Yes those refrigerator jobs are always waiting to be done ... I have the same here. Still there's always tomorrow πŸ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomorrow it is then Julie! As from May it is definitely tropical here at least the heat makes you think so especially July and August! A x

      Delete
  11. The island definitely sounds like it is worth a visit. maybe another time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is but best as from April bit cold over there now. It doesn't look very attractive but it is nice to spend a day out there. A x

      Delete
  12. Fabulous photots Amanda Forget the fridge lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Musn't do that Wendy...I have just postponed if for another day LOL! A x

      Delete
  13. Such lovely photos - thanks for sharing. I'm glad you found places that are not crowded by campers.

    I would say get that fridge done, then it's off your mind and conscience. It never takes as long as you think it will take, I find.

    Good luck! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started the fridge Joy... I really did but then I was asked to do other things and I had to leave it for another day...such a shame! A x

      Delete
  14. Great pics, shame about the hassle. The island definitely looks like 3 subs. It's a very cold and misty morning here in the Wildshire, please send some of your warmth x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful photos Amanda, the sky walk looks awesome. When you finished your fridge come and do mine, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't even started cleaning my fridge...too many distractions...tch!! I have to set my mind to it and I can't concentrate on this sort of cleaning chore if people are giving me other things to do (i.e taxi service). At least I managed to get the veg & fruit compartments clean. They were pretty grim! LOL! A x

      Delete
  16. Tabarca Island DOES look like 3 submarines! LOL

    Beautiful photos of your spot in the world. Those villas are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee, The island is much prettier once you get there. It doesn't look like much from the mainland. A x

      Delete
  17. The Virgin of the Rosary is so beautifu1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she just. You see quite a lot of these altars in remote areas and they are all very well kept. They always have flowers and are dedicated to the Virgen of that place or patron saints. A x

      Delete
  18. The skywalk is amazing!!!
    You took beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing with us.
    Best wishes for 2022!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Loes. The Skywalk is quite something I hope to take some photos of it from the top of the cliffs soon. A x

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. I do read them and try to reply to all as well.Please keep them coming. Amanda :-)